Saturday, July 28, 2012

BBQ Battle and other Joy


The BBQ Battle
Unbeknownst to Hub and me, we arrived in South Bend just in time for the annual Enshrinement Festival at the lovely College Football Hall of Fame (just down the street from our house).  

Personally, I could very much care less for football or enshrinement festivals, but this particular festival promised a Barbeque Battle to test who could smoke the most delicious Kansas City Barbeque-away-from-Kansas.  They had me at barbeque.  This is a need in my soul these days—barbeque.  Apart from Grace and family and Lawrence, I think Barbeque is the thing I miss most.  
 
Needless to say, I was overjoyed as we walked downtown to smell the familiar smell of woodsmoke and meat.  Mmmm.  The barbeque wasn’t bad.  It wasn’t Kansas barbeque, but it was certainly delicious and Hub and I enjoyed ourselves immensely!  

Other notables:
We found a new favorite spot down by the River.  I’m a poor camera-woman, but you get the general idea.  It’s beautiful and peaceful. 

Evenings at the Love Castle include Hub scaling walls…

No comments:

Post a Comment